Welcome to Actifile's Quick Start Guide
We will guide you step-by-step on how to:
1. Create your Parent Account and Portal
2. Create your Tenant Account (end customer)
3. Deploy Actifile agents at the Endpoints
Step 2 of 3:
Create your Tenant Account (end customer)
1. Log in to the MSP portal:
1. Navigate to the customers’ tab
2. Click Add
3. Fill in the new customer details marked with a red asterisk (*)
Note: Make sure to use a different email address (or a different alias) for each account
4. Validate the compliance profile used. For example, for a DoD contractor make sure to enable CMMC.
5. Your tenant’s account is now ready
Step 3 of 3:
Deploy Actifile agents at the Endpoints
1. Access the respective tenant’s account and click the Deployment tab
2. Download the Agent.
3. Install locally or continue with RMM deployment.
3. Upload it to the RMM or to a location that it can be installed from.
(See #1 )
4. Deploy using the RMM tool
Be sure to use the correct key for each tenant.
An example RMM MSIEXEC command is shown. (See #2 and #3)
If an RMM isn’t available, see alternative deployment approaches/tools at:
Install Key Management
A list of tenant keys is also provided on the partner-customer page making it easier to copy the keys to the RMM. For convenience
“copy key” buttons are also provided, the first copying the install key
and the second copying the install command.
It is recommended to add Actifile to the AV/EDR whitelist to prevent performance issues due to blocking Actifile’s
Exclude the following processes: AFAgentService.exe, AFUpdaterService.exe and AFAgentServiceManager.exe
Exclude the folder + sub folders from scanning: C:\Program Files (x86)\Actifile Agent
If using Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) or SSL Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) the URLs for whitelisting (all
for BitDefender, follow the exclusion directions below:
https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-application-or-process-exclusions-in-bitdefender-control-center-1119.html https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-i-exclude-a-folder-from-being-scanned-[bitdefender-windows-8-security]- 1067.html